Monday 22 October 2012

Grape Halloween Costume

So I've been busy thinking up ideas for my Halloween costume this year. I'm leaning towards a Mrs. Potato Head costume inspired by this one over at Seven Thirty Three. But I'm not sure what my plans for Halloween even are yet so we'll see!

But all this thinking has led me to reminisce about costumes from my pre-blogging life. There were some good witches and cats and other incredibly uninspired creations... But there is one that I'm kinda proud of. And it's really quick and easy to put together -  a bunch of grapes!


It was for a costume party at the end of a professional development course when I was living in Thailand. We went away for a week of lectures, team building activities and a bit of bonding over multiple drinks. :) So it had to be something that would fit in my bag to bring with me! I really wanted to go as the teenage mutant ninja turtles but I couldn't convince 3 others to join me so I settled on grapes.

Grape Costume

Wear some purple shorts, tights and a top and then attach the balloons using safety pins. Then make some leaves out of green paper or felt and attach to a hair clip! Easy! :) And if you can rope someone in to be the green grapes even better!


Word of warning - people will want to burst the balloons so buy good quality ones and try to hold them off til the end of the night! :) People also had lots of fun writing on the balloons too.

Things I've learnt:
- It's pretty tricky to sit in this costume so maybe it's not the best for any parties that involve sitting down to eat!
- And it's pretty tricky to eat and drink too! I could pour the wine but I could bring the glass close enough to my mouth! Thankfully balloons burst easily so I just got rid of one. Crisis averted!
- Actually speaking of drinking wine, if I was doing this again I'd buy a box of wine, take the bag out and either squish it into a giant balloon or just attach it to my waist. Squeeze the bag/grapes and tadaa - instant wine! :)
- Oh and check out my skeleton and mummy Halloween Cookies for more Halloween fun! :)


11 comments:

  1. Really fun!! Thanks for posting. I'm thinking maybe an option for one of my littles next year:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be so cute!! So long as they don't have any fears of balloons popping! :) You could do a whole fruit-bowl with some blackberries and raspberries too!

      Delete
  2. What a cool idea for a costume!
    Just stopped by to let you know that I featured your lunch box ideas on my round tuit post this week!
    Round Tuit 124
    Thanks again for linking up! Hope you have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun costume! Thanks for sharing this at The Weekly Creative.

    Shannon @ Sewing Barefoot

    ReplyDelete
  4. This costume is so much fun! What a grape idea :P

    I would love to invite you to post this over at my link party on The Purple Pumpkin Blog! Hope to see you there :)
    Michelle xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are super fun!
    I BET it was hard to sit down!

    hugs ~ Crystelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. So fun. My first thought was it would be hard to eat and drink. What does that say about me??? :D haha. Thanks so much for sharing your happy post with BeColorful
    p

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sooo fun!!! A few years back I was dressed up as a bubblegum dispenser... I was inside a see-through bag with colorful balloons inside.. it was HOT in there! hehe

    Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer... From Dream To Reality!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your feature at my Super Link Party!
    Thanks for your comment, too! I didn't realize that I had accidentally changed my inlinkz party start time. Oops! It's fixed now, and the party is up! Come on by and link up. :-)
    http://earning-my-cape.blogspot.com/2012/10/super-link-party-25.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for sharing this at The Purple Pumpkin Blog......you've been featured!

    Michelle xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking for any awesome, scary, funny or weird Halloween Costumes and just in time, I found your blog which is very interesting. Thanks for sharing and I do hope I could pin some nice photos on my Pinterest boards. Good day! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your lovely comments! They make my day. :)

Feel free to email me at blog.beinginspired@gmail.com either!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...