Monday 1 October 2012

Day 28 - Raspberry Swirl Cheesecake Cupcakes

So aside from brownies and cupcakes with things hidden in them, my one true love is cheesecake!! 

I particularly love no bake cheesecake (you know the kind - cream cheese, jelly mix it all up and put it in the fridge to set). Baked cheesecake can be a little hit and miss though, sometimes it's just too heavy for my liking. To be honest I've always been a bit afraid of attempting to make it. Pathetic, I know! So I decided what better way to overcome that fear than making teeny tiny little cheesecakes like the ones I found over at Annie's Eats!

Raspberry Swirl Cheesecake


Something so cute and small couldn't cause any trouble, right? :)


Ingredients:
Cheesecake Base
- 1 ½ cups Digestive Biscuit crumbs
- 60g melted butter
- 3 tbsp sugar

Raspberry Swirl
- 160g fresh raspberries
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar

Cheesecake Filling
- 900g cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 4 large eggs

Directions:


Preheat the oven to 165° C (325° F). Line your cupcake tins with cases. This recipe makes about 32 little cheesecakes.

In a small bowl combine the digestive biscuit crumbs (I put the biscuits in a small bag, tie it and crush them with my hands or a rolling pin), melted butter and sugar.




Place about 1 tablespoon of mixture into the bottom of each cupcake case. Use a clean glass to press the crumbs down so they are firmly packed.

Bake in the oven for 5 minutes to set the bases. Cool on a wire rack.






To make the raspberry puree blend the raspberries and sugar together in a blender or food processor until smooth.

Pour the puree through a sieve to remove the seeds.

In a separate bowl beat the cream cheese until fluffy. Add the sugar, salt and vanilla essence. Beat until smooth.

Add in the eggs one at a time, beat well after each addition.
Spoon 2 tablespoons of filling on top of the base into each cupcake case.

Pour about half a teaspoon of puree in three dots into each cheesecake. Use a cocktail stick to swirl the puree and create a marble effect.

Bake until the filling is set - about 22 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Refrigerate for 4 hours before serving.


Raspberry Swirl Cheesecake

Serve with more raspberries and leftover raspberry puree. 
Mini Raspberry Swirl Cheesecake

Delicious!! :)

Raspberry Swirl Cheesecake


Things I've Learnt:
- 32 sounds like a lot but we all ate at least two each, they won't last long!
- Don't accidentally forget to take one tin of cheesecakes out of the oven. They will burn... :( At least I had two other tins!
- Don't decide to make these little guys an hour before dinner. They're supposed to be refrigerated for 4 hours before eating them!!! (They actually taste amazing anyway, just convince your dinner guests to take a little longer finishing their main course! 20 minutes was better than none.)
- Honestly though, these taste amazing. Turns out baked cheesecake isn't so scary after all. :)


8 comments:

  1. OMG, there goes my diet down the drain (again). Raspberries are my favorite fruit ever :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha mine too, thankfully these little guys are so tiny that I'm pretty sure your diet won't even realise you've eaten one. And I certainly won't tell it! :)

      Delete
  2. These are soo cute and tasty looking! Love raspberries so I'll have try these =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM!! I love the idea of mini cheescakes in cupcake liners too!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look SOOOOOO yummy! I always request cheesecake for my birthday (rather than traditional cake), so I will have to pin this recipe! Thanks for sharing and telling us your tips.....

    Crystelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for pinning! :) I'm definitely a fan of cheesecake birthday cakes too. Although I'm pretty sure you shouldn't have to wait til your birthday for these. :)

      Delete
  5. I love cheesecake and these sound wonderful. Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday and remember to come back and vote on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look super delish! I LOVE cheesecake and raspberries :) Love the combo. Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday. Can’t wait to see what you share this week! Have a wonderful week.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your lovely comments! They make my day. :)

Feel free to email me at blog.beinginspired@gmail.com either!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...