Thursday 6 September 2012

Day 13 - Heart Shaped Brownies

In case you haven't noticed I love brownies. So this post is very self-indulgent. This way I get to eat and make brownies and record my favourtite brownie recipe from my mum's recipe book to my blog, to take with me wherever I go! :)


Honestly, make these today. Chewy, sticky, chocolatey, walnutty goodness!

Ingredients:

  • 4 oz butter
  • 4 oz plain chocolate
  • 8 oz caster sugar
  • 2 beaten eggs
  • 4 oz plain flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 4 oz chopped walnuts
  • pinch of salt







Preheat the oven to 170 degrees.

Weigh the chocolate and butter.





 Melt in a bowl over hot water on a low heat. Keep stirring until the chocolate and butter are fully melted but be careful not to let it burn!




Sieve the weighed caster sugar, flour and baking powder into a bowl.




Break the eggs into a bowl and beat.



Add the melted chocolate/butter mixture and beaten eggs to the dry ingredients. Stir until combined.




Weigh the walnuts and chop into small pieces.




Add the walnuts to the mixture and stir in.





Line a swiss roll tin with parchment and spoon the mixture in. Spread to the edges.





Bake at 180 degrees for 25 - 30 minutes.












Leave in the tin for 10 minutes to cool.












Cut into squares and dust with icing sugar.







Or cut into hearts with a cookie cutter. And enjoy eating all the scraps! :)



Things I've Learnt:
- I ♥ brownies.
- You can get heart symbols by typing "♥" when you're editing in html mode. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for all your lovely comments! They make my day. :)

Feel free to email me at blog.beinginspired@gmail.com either!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...